Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Pennsylvania Dutch. Classic American comfort for nearly 100 years.
Traditional Chicken & Kluski Soup
Familiar and easy ingredients combine in 30 minutes to create the ultimate comfort food. This is sure to be a dish that will forever remind your family of home.
- 12 oz Pennsylvania Dutch Kluski Egg Noodles
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken, onion, carrots, chicken broth, thyme, salt and pepper in a Dutch Oven or large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook for 10 minutes. Serve.
Option: Add 4 stalks celery, sliced to the soup along with the chicken, onions and carrots. Cook as directed.
Tip: For creamy soup, add 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup just before serving. Stir well and allow to heat.