- 12 oz Pennsylvania Dutch Square (Pot Pie) Egg Noodles
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pkg (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is fully cooked. Increase heat to medium. Stir in uncooked noodles.
- Cook, uncovered for 11 to 13 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
Option: Substitute 3 cups chopped, fresh or frozen stew vegetables, such as onions, carrots, potatoes and/or celery for frozen mixed vegetables. Increase boiling time to 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetable are tender.
Recipe hints: For quick fresh vegetables, visit the salad bar and select peeled, trimmed baby carrots, celery sticks or sliced onions, then chop into bite-size pieces. Use a combination of your favorites.